Friday 7 June 2013

Phew !!!

Finally a day to sit and have a chat to you. I am sitting on a couch at Ford's service centre waiting for my car to be serviced. That's a bit sad really isn't it ? The only spare time I have is when I am forced to wait somewhere. But I'm not complaining.
 
I have been super busy quilting, quilting, quilting !!!! Which is a good thing seeing as though it's my business :)
 
In the last week and a half I have done 3 custom quilts. I normally only schedule 1 a month but I got behind and then I had a rush one. I have been chained to Dudley (my quilting machine). I'm very lucky to have a great family that understands what I do and just deals with eggs on toast for dinner lol !!!
 
Now to some of the quilts I have recently finished...
 
This is the 5th one of these beautiful quilts I have customed. So I can get through them a bit faster than when I did the first one. This one is Irene's...
 
 
The quilt below is the Cessnock Quilters raffle quilt for next years biannual exhibition. Lots of feathers !!! The front reminds me of blue and white china. The back (below this one) looks amazing. I'm really happy with how this turned out. They should be pleased with it.

 
Feathers, feathers, feathers !!!!!!
 
 
 Next up is Jody's. This bright little quilt is going to Darling Harbour for the Sydney Quilt Show. It will be hanging in the Husqvarna stand at the show. I had to do a super custom on it. My name will be front and centre so it had to be good. Firstly I stitched in the ditch around all the embroidery blocks. Next I did a 1/4 inch border around each block. The background is a simple all over swirl. Each of the embroideries were stitched around and a different custom design was used in each block in a matching colour.


 
This photo isn't very good. I stole it from Jody's facebook page :)
I will put some better one's up in a couple of days.
 

 After all that I am quite enjoying just sitting here on this couch. I have had hot chocolate served to me and they have just taken my lunch order. Just what my weary body needed at the end of week.
 
Now I get to sit and do some hand sewing. Yes they will all think I'm a grandma but who cares, they don't know what they are missing....haha. Love my hexies !!!
 
Happy Quilting
Leanne xo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

they are all gorgeous love the quilting on them Leanne,well done.xx

Susan said...

Gorgeous quilts, love the blue and white especially. Have fun at the show.

Chookyblue...... said...

Gorgeous quilting....congrats on having a some quilting hanging at the show.......

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Stunning!!! I simply love what you are doing for quilting on these quilts...wonderful!

Sara said...

Oh wow sounds like you have been extremely busy. Enjoy your hot chocolate and Quilt on "Grandma" ;) hehehehe

Fiona said...

Just stunning quilting which shows off those beautiful quilts - I could sit and look at it all day...
Hugz