Thursday 19 June 2014

Millies Fancy .....

I've been very busy quilting lately....
One of the quilts I have done is Millies Fancy. It was made by the lovely Jody.
Jody is the owner of All About Sewing and my friend. We have worked together for 8 years. When Jody first asked me to quilt this huge quilt for her I was a bit scared but I knew I wanted it to be special. 
I hung it over my frame for two days to get my head around it. Nothing came to me. I loaded it up hoping for something to come to me. Nope, still nothing ...
Then I was marking with a template trying out some designs and flipped the template and BAM! there was the design. I quickly drew it up and got started. 
As the quilting evolved I got very excited.  It was beautiful .....
Here are some pics I took when I finished.  I don't have a full one of the whole quilt yet but you'll get the idea.

 

























I'm happy to say that Jody loves her quilt and because it was done in a class a couple of other ladies want their quilts quilted the same..... I look forward to doing them later in the year....

Happy Quilting
Leanne xo
 

6 comments:

suemac said...

What beautiful embroidery and your quilting sets it off so well.

Cardygirl said...

Beautiful work!

Seams Sew Together said...

Fabulous quilting Leanne, beautiful!!

Chookyblue...... said...

just gorgeous quilting.......

Fiona said...

A stunning quilt which you have highlighted just beautifully with your quilting.... I love it.... feathers are so graceful...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Ooohhhh nice quilting Leanne. Then again you always do!