Thursday 10 July 2014

I won a ribbon !!!!

On Saturday night I got a late call from the NSW quilters guild to let me know that I had won an award for one of my quilts that I had entered in this years Sydney Quilt Show .....
I almost fell over !!!
So yesterday I travelled to Sydney to collect my Award ....
It was 4th place in the modern category for my Metro Medallion quilt.  Gosh I was so nervous.  I had my cheer squad in the background when my name was called. What a high !!!!!
Here is my lovely green ribbon....
 
This is my quilt. For the show her name is Metro Medallion. I'm thinking she needs a real name now she has done me so proud....hehe. This quilt was made using the quick curve ruler from Sew Kind of Wonderful. The original quilt made by Jenny Pedigo was the inspiration for my quilt.
It took me 55 hours alone to quilt her. We got to know each other pretty well by the end of it.....lol
 
Here you can see the quilting a bit better. I am going back on Saturday so I will get some better photos of her close up. I was in a bit of shock and walked around in a bit of a dream state while I was there yesterday. I didn't even shop properly !!!!
 
I entered 2 quilts this year. The quilt below is my other girl hanging in Sydney. 
This quilt was inspired by an origami given to me by my good friend Sarah for my birthday last year.
This quilt has 64 different 12 inch blocks. Where the colours change in the spiral the blocks are made with two colours. Hope that makes sense ?? I LOVE this quilt. I quilted her with a simple wavy design because it was already so busy....
  
 
I'm really looking forward to going back on Saturday so I can have a good look at the other quilts on display.
 
The award has really inspired me to get in and design a bunch more quilts. So watch this space !!
 
Happy Quilting
Leanne xo

23 comments:

Lisa England said...

Both of your quilts are gorgeous! Congratulations on a well deserved win!

Susan said...

Congratulations Leanne. Such an exciting achievement. Enjoy your day on Saturday.

Danielle said...

Congratulations Leanne! Love them both! Funny, when I saw the origami one on FB I thought it was a mini quilt, I didn't realise until now the scale of it! Is there going to be a pattern? Cheers, Danielle x

Unknown said...

Maybe you could call her Thoroughly Modern. .......... after the category she won in? Thrilled that you won and that you are motivated and inspired to keep designing. Xxx

Chris said...

An amazing quilt Leanne. Such a clever design. I'm sure it will make a real impact in the future.

Oops-Lah said...

Congratulations! What a triumph and well deserved award! Well done!

Karen said...

Both quilts are lovely. Congratulations on winning a prize. I will check them out in person on Saturday.

Fiona said...

Congratulations on a beautiful quilt... two beautiful quilts in fact... wonderful to get the acknowledgeent...
Hugz

Leanne said...

Clever girl. congratulations. your quilts are beautiful.

Michelle said...

Congratulations! It's such an amazing and very beautiful quilt, and I can't wait to see it in person tomorrow, rather than on the quilt guild website!

Sarah Adamson said...

Just had to have a sneak peek before tomorrow! Well done, they both look fantastic! Looking forward to seeing them "in person" tomorrow with you lol!

Sarah Adamson said...

Both Magnificent! Can't wait till tomorrow to see them both "in person" Yay! Well done!

Monique said...

I'm so proud of you Sista! After your hiccups in life, it's so lovely to see you moving onwards and upwards, doing what you love to do, each and every day. You are MY inspiration!!!!!! xxxxoooo

Rachaeldaisy said...

Congratulations again!! Both of your quilts were real standouts in the show. I bet as soon as the pattern is available for your Spinner quilt it will sell like hotcakes.

A Peppermint Penguin said...

Hello! followed a link from elsewhere and here I am. your Spinner quilt is amazing, I lvoe it. I didn't see all the inner blocks at first, just the big shape and shades of colour. then you realise the shades are classic blocks! genius and I LOVE the colours.

Ruth said...

I loved both of your quilts, especially Spinner, very clever, saw them at the Quilt show. Congratulations on your win, well deserved. Only just discovered your blog.Best wishes.

Cheryll said...

Congrats Leanne... well done!
Both quilts are stunning I think!
Perhaps I should get your autograph?

Cindy said...

Hi Leanne, I saw your spinner quilt on pinterest and was immediately drawn to it. Are you going to make a pattern to sell of this quilt. i want one really bad. The quilting is awesome.

Shayna said...

Your Spinner is an absolute stunner. I too would buy the pattern if you made it available.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on your ribbon. That is a lovely quilt! And the spiral with the blocks - what fun color play!

Jenny said...

So glad you shared this quilt on our Linky Party! It was fun watching you quilt it up and even funner seeing how it turned out! You deserved that ribbon for sure!!

Unknown said...

All around Awesomeness!!!! Beautiful quilt and quilting! Thanks for sharing….. Helen

Unknown said...

I have been admiring Spinner for months and have finally started to make something similar. Did you write a pattern for this one?