Sunday 3 April 2011

A Lovely Weekend... (photo overload)

The weather was so beautiful here over the weekend. We love to be home on the weekends. It's so peaceful.

The veiw of our property from the back boundry...

Today we had Oscars friend Brendan over to help make cupcakes for treat day at school tomorrow. They are raising money for the class trip to Canberra. They had so much fun. Archie just pigged out on the lollies and made himself feel ill.


Oscar (left) & Brendan




Today I finished a handbag that I started at the Retreat last week. I think that it will be a good one for Bag Club at the shop. I really like this pattern. I think I'll make a couple more.




While I was in my sewing space I started a quilt for someone special. It has taken me a couple of days to get my head around it, but now it's on track and shouldn't take too long to get done.




It was so beautiful outside so I took my camera out to see what I could find. There is so much texture in all things natural. I love dead trees. I always have. I aced photography at school for one of my dead tree photos. Here are a couple on our property.







I love this mushroom. It keeps growing back. All by itself in the paddock.


At the end of the day, a rare thing happened. A Wedged Tail Eagle landed in our giant dead tree. It was so big. The photos do it no justice.




Hope your weekend soared to great heights like mine.

Happy Quilting
Leanne

2 comments:

Cal said...

Lovely pictures and such yummy looking cupcakes!

Jodi-JoJoMia's Place said...

Can you tell me the name of that bag pattern? It looks really cute and I love your fabric choices. Thanks.
Jodi