Saturday 20 February 2010

Busy Busy Busy

I am not doing dancewear anymore as it takes up too much time and brain power than it's worth. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I look foward to being in my sew space and not feeling guilty if I sew a quilt instead of costumes. Yay!!
I have been sewing like a crazy woman. I've finished a couple of quilt tops, bound a quilt and been designing my own patterns and printing them up to sell in the shop . This is an exciting venture. It's something I've been wanting to do for ages. At work I design quilts for people all the time. They come to class with a piece of fabric and ask "What can I do with this?". And off I go. I design a pattern on the spot and then help them with extra fabric choices. It's what I do and I love it!!!

I have a pink and green thing going at the moment. I think it's due to the lack of females in the house.(It's just me and 4 males) Anyhow here's some of them

I'm going to enter this one in the local show. My points are pretty good, although I have to go in the professional section due to my teaching the subject. We are all critical of our own work and I don't feel worthy of being called a professional.


It was made with a jelly roll and a couple of yards of background fabric. It took longer than expected. When I started it we were living with my parents and I couldn't just sew when I felt like it. I love this quilt!!


This is the nine patch quilt-a long by Amanda Jean that I started last year. The top is done and it is in the quilting queue in a box under my quilting machine. ( with the other 7 to do, better get on to that )
I used a green/white spot as the sashing instead of the white because there is a lot of white in the 9 patches.



Best get back to it. I am working on a top from another jelly roll and layer cake. It's almost done so pics will follow soon.

Happy Quilting
Leanne

1 comment:

Monique said...

I love this one! I think it may be on my upcoming agenda to do that quilt pattern. You are so clever. x