Saturday 8 May 2010

Wyong Quilt Show - Day 1

Today was the first day of our local quilt show.It is a charity event for the cancer care services of Central Coast Hospitals. It is a lot of work but alwasys ends up being fun.
I was promoting the Central Coast Modern Quilt Guild. I met heaps of people who are interested and we had a few sign- ups right on the spot. So the word is spreading. All the usual suspects were there.All About Sewing, Blueberries, Cherry Pie Designs, Floriani, Red Shed Quilting, Down Under Quilts Magazine and a bunch of other talented people. I met Kate Conklin, a local quilt designer, whose blog I have been following for a while. She is just as passionate about fabric as I am and she is very excited about the Quilt Guild. 
My Aunty Judith came all the way from Parramatta on the train to check things out. She was happy that I showed her how to use the stitch regulator on the Bernina 440. She owns one and hasn't yet used this feature. There will be no stopping her now. Happy Quilting Aunty Jude.
Tomorrow is Mothers Day so we are not sure how the day will go. We have heaps of machines on the All About Sewing stand and we all bought something to sew if it gets too quiet. Guess we'll have to wait and see.



More to follow tomorrow
Happy Quilting
Leanne

1 comment:

Ally said...

Hi Leanne... was so great to meet you today and chat... so excited about the Guild.. let me know if i can help.. Ally
x