Monday, 11 January 2010

Flea Market Fancy Quilt

I couldn't wait until it is bound. I have to show you a couple of pics before it is finished.
I think it is my favourite quilt so far. It is because of the fabrics. They are 12 fat 1/4s of Flea Market Fancy by Denyse Schmidt. You can't get them anymore. I wanted to make a quilt that was mostly about the fabric rather than the blocks. A few of my ladies in class had done this easy pattern from Better Homes & Gardens magazine and I thought it would be perfect for this fabric. I teamed it with a licorice allsort stripe for the sashings and I think it looks great. I just finish quilting it with an all over large stipple ( my favorite at the moment) and I just have to bind it today.




I love it soooo much !!

Happy Quilting
Leanne

3 comments:

chook said...

Leanne your quilt looks fantastic.
hope you are staying cool
hugs Beth

:: Monique :: said...

Nice quilt sissy! Wish it was MINE!!!!

Jackie said...

Nice quilt! You're right...it's all about those beautiful fabrics. The pattern you selected show them off beuatifully!