Monday 25 January 2010

Latest Projects

I started this zig zag quilt as a sample for my classes. I really like it and it was quite simple. It is all 3 inch strips. No triangles. It didn't take very long to finish a quilt top.



I was home today with the whole family, Paul has the day off because of the public holiday tomorrow, and I was looking for something to do that was different to what I've been doing. And voila!



 I had a layer cake of Swanky by Chez Moi and had been tossing up what to do with it. I was searching through some of my boxes the other day and came across an 8" template set for Drunkards Path. The inside piece was perfect for the layer cake.  I love curved piecing. It is something I did quite a lot of as a dressmaker on bridal gowns, etc. The blocks are a 9 " finish square. I still don't know how the finished quilt will look. I guess you'll have to stay tuned for that one.

Happy Quilting
Leanne

No comments: